It’s the time of year where you muse over a list of things you’ll try to get done and fail, so let’s review the last set!
Complete some web stack development courses on PluralSight. It’s been a while since I touched Angular,Django, and I wouldn’t mind getting something done from start to finish.
- This kind of happened? I ended up digging into a lot of MEAN/React, and tilted over to machine learning for some work research. Need to do this with .NET Core.
Get a basic app up and running on iOS from scratch. I’ve ported Unity stuff to iOS, but nothing much else.
- Didn’t get much going here at all. Would probably scrap this for next year.
Participate in more game jams. I think I did .5 game jams last year, let’s see if I can bump that up a little. It certainly helped me explore stuff and fail faster, especially in VR.
- No? I put a question mark because I did a bunch of work outside of game development, espcially in SalesForce. So this is a maybe. Still some time this year, actually.
Sub goal: Hopefully one of the above spins to a pet project that I grind out more on.
Start streaming more. Don’t really know what game, or when, but I enjoyed what little I did in 2016.
- I did stream a bit of Eternal and Madden, but didn’t do anything consistent.
Maybe do a speed run of something? Not expecting anything close, just wouldn’t mind chasing at a record of something for a bit, even if I have no chance to get it.
- I hardly played anything in 2017. PUBG and MOBAs, that’s about it.
Maybe the best thing to do for 2018 is to leave this list alone and actually accomplish it.